Search
  • Charlie Webb

What is your greatest weakness?


The dreaded weakness question! A question that can drive fear into even the bravest. But remember, we all have weaknesses including the interviewer sitting down on the other side of the desk.


If you are fully prepared for this question it is a great opportunity to showcase your own self-awareness and more importantly your willingness to change and adapt.


Harvard researchers asked undergraduates to answer a job interview question about their weaknesses. “Only 23% gave actual negative qualities: I procrastinate. I overreact to situations etc. The other 77% chose to hide their weaknesses inside a humblebrag: I’m too nice. I’m too demanding when it comes to fairness.


When collaborators reviewed the answers, 30% were more interested in hiring the candidates who acknowledged a legitimate weakness, self-promotion only paid off when the audience was distracted enough to remember the information but forget the source. Otherwise, they saw right through it!!!


BE HONEST, POSITIVE AND FOCUS ON IMPROVEMENT.


Find a real weakness of yours and frame it in a way that is not a deal-breaker, followed by a plan about what you are currently now doing to overcome it.


Remember: "a weakness is just a strength yet to be developed!"


Do you have any questions?


Send me a message or book a free 15 consultation and let's strengthen your weakness question.

17 views